Have you recently purchased a new MacBook Air but are unsure of how to turn it off? Or perhaps you use Windows and want to know how to completely shut down Mac laptops. It will take some time to get a hold of the new Apple computers because many people are unfamiliar with Macs. I’ll explain how to switch off a MacBook Air in this post, and you can even attempt scheduling when your Mac will turn on or off.
How to Turn Off MacBook Air 2021?
If you’ve bought an iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air, you may be wondering how to completely shut it down. When compared to shutting down a Windows operating system, the procedure is also fairly similar.
Well, shutting down a machine is exactly the same whether it is running Windows or macOS. In order to shut down your MacBook Air, simply follow the instructions below.
- Click the Apple Icon which is located on the top left corner of your Mac screen.
- A drop-down menu will open, here you will see an option of shut down, just click on it.
- In the next pop up window, you will again get an option to shut down your Mac. Simply click on it and finally your Mac will turn off.
- To make sure that your Mac is turned off, you should see a complete black screen or there won t be an active power light on your Mac at all. You will also not hear any fan or drive noise when the Mac is completely shut down.
How to schedule your MacBook Air to turn off
- On your MacBook Air, click on the Apple icon and then click on System Preferences.
- In System Preferences, click on Energy Saver, then click Schedule.
- At this point, you can choose two options given below to schedule your MacBook Air to turn off or on:
- If you want to schedule a startup or wake time, tick mark the Start up or wake option. A window will pop up, here you need to select a day or group of days and then enter a time and click on Apply.
- If you want to schedule a shutdown time for your Mac, tick mark the Sleep, restart or shut down option. A window will pop up, here you need to select a day or group of days and then enter a time and click on Apply.
You don’t need to know anything else about turning off MacBook Air. Check out our other guides on how to produce a bootable USB installation drive for macOS Monterey or how to cleanly instal macOS Monterey on your Mac in the interim.