On the internet music streaming service Spotify, you can follow people who share your tastes. You may occasionally be unable to observe your friend’s activities for a variety of reasons. This is a kind of glitch because you won’t be able to see them in the friend list. I’ll list a few of the most frequent justifications for fixing the Spotify Friends Activity problem. Most of the time, this gets addressed on its own, but if it doesn’t, you can still correct it with some simple adjustments.
How to Fix Friend Activity Not Showing on Spotify?
Try unfollowing and following someone back if you are focused on a single friend whose actions are not displayed on Spotify. This is a simple action you may take right away to remedy the problem. Second, you could try logging back into your Spotify account to double-check. It can be a bit difficult to pinpoint the precise cause of this problem if there are no errors visible on the screen. One more thing to try: simply check to see whether you had hidden the friend from the list. Accidentally, this also occurs, causing the person to vanish from the friend list. Just perform the actions listed below once to enable friend activity in case it has been disabled.
- Tap on the down arrow on the top right and go to Settings.
- Go to Display Options and enable See what your friends are playing.
Check the Activity Tab to make sure that the pals are not accidentally hidden. You can view the same person’s activity if you unhide them. Remove the app and reinstall it on a smartphone if the problem continues. You may just log in and out on a desktop computer. If nothing works, then there is a problem on Spotify’s end. Try again later, and this will undoubtedly be fixed. On mobile devices, Spotify Friends Activity missing errors are common. On the desktop, very few people have reported it. The most popular solutions to the missing friend’s problem are listed below.
- Verify if you are using the latest version of the app.
- Verify if your mobile is having the latest OS version.
- Restart the Spotify app once.
- Log out and log in back.
- Re-install Spotify to restore default settings.
The suggested advice and actions should be sufficient to help you resolve the situation. However, if you continue to have this issue, the issue is with the app. You’ll have to wait a while before you find a solution. Until then, you may check if you’re using Spotify on a mobile device by logging into your account on a computer or laptop.
Include Spotify in the firewall exclusion list:
- Press Windows Key + R and type control firewall.cpl
- Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall . It is on the left side.
- You will see a list of apps, scroll down and look for Spotify.
- Add tick below Private and Public both.
- Click on Ok and reboot your system, launch the Spotify app and test again.
Updated Approach: Allow Share what I’ve been listening to on Spotify
Follow the instructions below to make it possible for you to share your listening activity with your friends in the Friend Activity Feed sidebar desktop app:
- First of all, go to Settings.
- After that go to Social and Turn on Share my listening activity on Spotify in the mobile app or desktop app.
Here are the steps to take if you wish to enable the Friend Activity Feed sidebar on the desktop app:
- First, go to Settings.
- After that click on Display and Turn on See what your friends are playing.
- You can also go to the File Menu > View > Click on Friend Activity.
You will need to reinstall the Spotify app if nothing else works. To uninstall Spotify, use the free programme IObit Uninstaller. Additionally, the utility will delete all leftover files, download a new setup of Spotify from the link, and reinstall it.