The most recent watchOS upgrade is desired by all Apple Watch owners. But what if you spend too much time on the validating screen and are unable to update it? After spending more than a minute in the Verifying stage, you will see an error message that reads “Unable to Install Update” when you try to instal an update. Although it can be annoying, there is a technique to successfully finish the upgrading. The Apple Watch update Stuck on Verifying problem is resolved in the following manner.
Apple Watch Update Stuck On Verifying Fix (2022)
To fix the issue where your Apple Watch’s update wouldn’t verify and kept you from getting the new version, follow these steps:
- Make sure the iPhone that you have paired with your Apple Watch is updated to the latest iOS version.
- Your Apple Watch needs to have enough battery. More than 50% is recommended.
- Keep WiFi on your iPhone turned on.
- Ensure that the distance between both devices your iPhone and Apple Watch is less to avoid range problems.
- Keep your Apple Watch on its charger while it is updating.
- Try using another Wi-Fi network to see if it s a WiFi issue.
- Lastly, see if the trusty did you turn it off and on? works. You can do this by pressing and holding the side button and toggling Power Off on the Power Menu.
- You can also turn off your iPhone and restart it and then attempt to update. Note that the update may take any time between minutes or even an hour.
Apple has outlined all of these requirements, so proceed accordingly.
How to Update Apple Watch without iPhone
Swipe the Watch app backwards to close it, then open it again to resume the update.
- Open the Apple Watch app page.
- Select Settings.
- Choose General.
- Select Software Update.
- You will see the Verifying notification.
- Remember to keep it charging at this point.
- Soon enough, the required updates and files will be downloaded.
Also remember that you can upgrade your Apple Watch directly from the Watch if it is running watchOS 6 or higher. Therefore, try it out and see how it goes for you. Here’s how to update your Apple Watch without using the Apple Watch app or your attached iPhone: